Homemade Jolly Ranchers: https://youtu.be/kiyU7x_H1YY
Learn how to make homemade rock candy in this video tutorial.
Read the blog on this Homemade Rock Candy Recipe: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=5929
Rock Candy Recipe:
• 3 cups white sugar
• 1 cup water
• Food colouring
• Flavouring (optional)
Homemade Rock Candy Directions
1. Add the water to the saucepan and bring to a boil-212°F (100°C)
2. Start adding the sugar a 1/2 cup at a time, until it no longer dissolves (making a saturated sugar solution). The more sugar you add, the longer it will take to dissolve. Be patient and try to get as much to dissolve as possible
3. Add a few drops of your flavouring if desired.
4. Take your mixture off the heat and allow to cool – approximately 15 minutes.
5. While you are waiting, take a plate and add some sugar to it. Get your skewers and dip them into the liquid sugar mixture then dip it into the plain sugar to coat the stick. This will give your Rock Candy something to ‘grow on’. Let them dry for a few minutes until they are completely dry – if they are still too wet when you put them into the hot sugar solution, all of the sugar coating will fall off, and the new crystals will have nothing to grow on.
6. Set out your glasses/jars and add a few drops of food colouring to the bottom of each.
7. Carefully add the sugary solution to each glass/jar and stir.
8. Take your sugary skewers & place a peg at the top of each and place into the glasses (make sure they do not touch the bottom or sides)
9. Now it’s time to be patient. The crystals will start growing in 2 – 3 days, but depending on how big you want your Rock Candy sticks will depend on how long you will need to keep them in the glasses.
10. When you are ready to remove them, gently break the top with a sharp object. Gently remove the skewer and hang it upside down until the excess liquid drips off and it dries.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Subscribe to my NEW SECOND CHANNEL: https://goo.gl/gIoRUy